Contact Form

 

A name for baby..

I am about to step into my 31st week of pregnancy and we still do not have a name for our little girl! I thought maybe finding out the baby's gender would help me find a name for baby because I would be more determined to look into just those types of names but I can't find anything that I like! I'm realizing now more than ever that Maliah's name is absolutely perfect and that I could not have done a better job with her name... with that said, finding another perfect name is really hard for a couple of reasons. Almost everywhere we go, someone talks to Maliah and asks for her name, she tells them and they just gush over how beautiful her name is. With another little girl on the way I don't want her to feel in any way that she's living in her sister's shadow.. yes, the sick idea of that comes from the Ashlee Simpson song. Anyway, it's something I feel is important to consider. I don't want to name little sister something where people are going to think "well the older one's name is so pretty I wonder what happened with the second one?" and, if she's the middle child oh geez. Another thing I have to consider is that I'm naming a baby who will become a woman. I don't want to name her something to cutesy even though she will always be our baby... she won't be to everyone else.

I like really far out there, outrageous names and Ryan, he likes more common every day names which works out great to the baby's advantage because she won't end up with some crazy name she will hate. I am totally feeling the pressure because no matter what happens in her life, she will always have her name.. something I gave to her, I spent time on it and created it, paired it with another name that fits with the last name to make her a part of our brand of little people. I never realized how hard it is to name a second baby I just thought it would be something fun however, I think I have looked at every baby name listed on the internet, taken every suggestion from just about everyone I know, and I have posted in every forum & answer board on the net to get ideas. No matter what, this little girl is going to have a name that is equally beautiful to her sisters.

I guarantee it!!!

Total comment

Author

McNally

0   comments

What did you think about this entry?

Cancel Reply