Contact Form

 

31 Weeks

I slept most of the day today which was actually a miracle for me I haven't had uninterrupted sleep in quite some time. I feel mainly it is because of my little vacation to Cali, spending time away from Ryan is always hard for me but this time it was actually really nice because we were able to text often about things that didn't pertain to moving or money just happy pleasant things. The day before we left California my mom & I were driving out of the grocery store parking lot and at the same exact time Ryan was driving by which was totally random because he was actually staying an hour away from me It was actually very funny because he dropped us off in Cali on Friday, came back to AZ for 3 days and then drove back to California.. I think he was really bored without us which is really cute to me. So anyway, I was totally confused as to why he was driving by my moms house.. turns out he was coming to surprise me! I hadn't been so excited for something in such a long time, but it really just reminded me of when we first started dating.. all the cute little things that usually fade over time and never come back. He took me out to the beach for dinner & a movie while my parents watched Maliah. I feel like those days when it's just the two of us are so important to the relationship especially now because it will be a very long time with a newborn, before we will get the chance to spend time together without the little ones.

While I was in California I was able to get together almost everything we need for the baby's arrival which is also a major relief, I was actually starting to stress out about not having everything I wanted in time for the baby but it looks like we have almost everything ...aside from a bigger place but that can wait because I want it to be the perfect place for us in a good neighborhood. I went to my doctor appointment today and found that I hadn't gained a single pound in the last two weeks which actually freaked me out a bit. I felt like while I was in Cali I had put on a ton of weight so I hesitated to get on the scale and was surprised to see that I was still at the same weight I was 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if maybe the baby had gained the weight but I lost some from being in the humidity or something.. but the doctor didn't seem too concerned with it and everything is still measuring right on target which is great - no dehydration here! I attempted to schedule the date for our induction so that my parent's can time it just right but the hospital said that they can't schedule it until the baby's due date is within 2 weeks so I'm hoping that I can at least have the doctor clear her schedule for the day we want our little girl to be here! I can't believe it's all happening so fast it feels like just a few days ago I was barely hitting the 20 week mark and the finish line was nowhere in sight now, we're almost there with just 7 weeks to go I think this will give us the amount of time we need to finish buying all of the things we need for the baby and rest before she gets here.

Maliah is now going through the "I'm the baby, I can do what I want" phase. Every time she gets in trouble she blames it on being a baby and not knowing any better which, is actually pretty hilarious but at the same time it's driving me a little bit crazy because if I laugh it's encouraging her. I think she's just getting anxious for the baby to arrive. She has this idea that she needs to help me get the baby out I'm not sure what kind of plan she has in store or how she thinks that is going to happen but it's pretty funny.

Total comment

Author

McNally