Contact Form

 

Let Me Tell You Something About My Best Friend!

We both cannot keep our mouths shut about anything, we love to share secrets and tell each other just about everything that happens in our lives! I'm so surprised that she was able to keep this a secret for as long as she did :) Yesterday I woke up to a text asking me if I wanted to see the gift for my son, I went back and fourth in my mind about it and I just couldn't wait, I was not prepared to see what she had for him. This gorgeous baby blanket is just amazing, I think it's absolutely perfect, his name, our theme, his hat to the side representing the little bad boy he will be... I just love it.

What makes this all the more special, what really brought tears to my eyes along with memories from the past 15 years, was the fact that she mentioned my grandmother. During the summer, I spent my time off from school with my grandparents, Lilly would come to visit and stay with me for weeks and weeks, and if she wasn't there we wrote letters and then emails as the years went by and technology became more accessible to us. One summer while at my grandma's she taught us how to quilt, so we each made blankets :) So she incorporated our own childhood into this beautiful blanket for my son.

Like myself, my daughters have crazy attachments to their blankets, they still both sleep with the same blankets they slept with from birth. I don't have my baby blanket from my childhood but I do have one that I sleep with every night and take care of like it's one of my children lol, to say the least Ryan is very jealous of that blanket because it always comes between us :) This blanket totally melted my heart <3 and will for years to come, seeing my son's name actually sewn on the blanket he will cherish for life, just made everything all the more real. 11 weeks and we will be the proud parents of Mr. Maddox :)

Total comment

Author

McNally

0   comments

What did you think about this entry?

Cancel Reply