Contact Form

 

Nuchal Translucency Scan

So we had our NT Scan on Tuesday but it was a little bit too early to do proper testing but it was a great opportunity to see our little baby sleeping and then coughing and kicking around :) The ultrasound technician got some really great photos and we're scheduled for another scan on the 7th to do the testing. My tech said she has no doubt there are no reasons to do the test but since I had scheduled it I might as well get another ultrasound out of it :) so we will get to see our little one at about 13 weeks! I am so attached already, it's weird because with Addison it took me a very long time to get attached I think because our miscarriage woes didn't seem like they were that long before her. It's funny because even Ryan says things like "Can you believe we're going to have two little babies?" It's cute because he is more attached this time than he was with Addison too. I'm torn between finding out the gender at the scan or finding out the gender with family or friends. I know the moment will be bittersweet either way it goes, if it's a boy I'll be happy but somewhat sad because then I'll know for sure I should be done having babies and if it's a girl I'll be happy but I will still be kind of weirded out about four kids and going for another round in a few years. My grandmother had six children, Ryan's Grandmother had six children so big families are not a far off idea. I in no way would want to have six children I think four would be my stopping point if we didn't have a son now. I haven't thought about names, there are so many possibilities out there and though I had back up names and a boy name for Addison, I felt like those names belonged to her, so the search starts over for us which is fun in the later months :) I'm just so happy to be going through this again, I love all of the excitement, the happy points, the binge eating and just the support we have from our families, not that we didn't have it before it's just that I feel like our family is coming together so nicely.

Here are some of the photos from our scan!


Total comment

Author

McNally