Contact Form

 

15 Weeks - I KNEW IT!!

Since Maliah was a little over a year old she went through these scary little moments in life where at first, it was when she got scared or overly excited.. but now it's whenever she's in trouble. When she was little & there was a loud noise, or she got hurt she would cry and pass out Ryan & I would just blow in her face to help her catch a breath and she would come back & be ok. As she got older she started doing this whenever she cried & didn't get her way. & of course, at first I was thinking heart condition it has to be but, when bringing it up to different doctors they all said the same thing "holding breath spells" & said that this is something kids start doing anywhere from 6 months to 7 years old where they want to get out of being in trouble.. they hold their breath and make themselves pass out. At first I think it was uncontrollable but now that she's older I was really feeling like when it happened it was because she didn't want to comply with whatever we asked of her.

Last night I turned off the xbox and TV and she threw a complete fit and decided to pass out & since now she's at an age where she can communicate & understand most of what I say after the ordeal I decided to talk to her about it. So I asked, "Why do you pass out?" & she replied with "because you turned off my xbox" Right there I knew she was doing it on purpose and it is a mechanism that she is using to get her way.. I couldn't believe it! So I decided to explain to her how dangerous it is to pass out & that one time, she might not come back & she won't be able to see Mommy Daddy or the baby again.. but she wasn't really understanding so somehow we got on the subject of my Grandma so I ended up telling her that my Grandma passed out & that she didn't come back & now she has to live with Jesus. She was actually shocked and had tons of questions about how we are going to go save my Grandma lol but basically I made it so that she understood what can happen if she does this again so I'm hoping hoping hoping that she will remember this and not do it anymore!

Total comment

Author

McNally

0   comments

What did you think about this entry?

Cancel Reply