Contact Form

 

FULLLLLLL TERM!

Means absolutely nothing in my life apparently! Though I'm walking around at 3cm (between a 4 and a 5cm depending on who you ask) I'm not having too many signs of labor coming on quickly. I lost my plug two days ago which was actually really exciting for me, and my mother apparently who decided to get into her car and drive from California only to be let down and turned away because our prince was NOT on his way into the world yet!


Yesterday was absolutely hectic and scary for Ryan and I, we went to L&D because I was having the worst back pain and our little guy decides to have a lazy day.. okay.. we all have them but wow! This baby's heart rate stayed exactly at 138 for three hours, no movement just a sleepy heart rate. SO the nurse actually came in with a vibrator type of thing and put it on my stomach to wake him up, it took three buzzes but it worked and he was active from there. I seriously have never had any issues with my spastic children, not in the womb, not in every day life so this was a shock. His heart rate was also dipping during contractions which meant we were not in any way labor ready. So we figured out the back pain which is something that will have to be address post-partum but made me realize that I really need to start taking better care of myself. I was absolutely blessed with the ability to have these beautiful children but how selfish am I being when I bring them into the world and eat crappy? I feel like I'm bringing them in only to leave them in a few years at the rate I'm going!


Our big day is on the fifth, I am actually really excited about being induced at this point only because I love being prepared for everything. We are 100% ready for this baby so a few more days of rest will do me some good. Even though I'm well into the dilation process, baby is not engaged far enough to call me at full blown labor so here is to hoping that our prince stays in there until next Monday so that we can stroll into the delivery room cheerful, happy and ready!


The other hectic part of this week is the fact that my parents stayed at our house and basically.... messed some things up for us. We plan to list in February so that we can move into something more comfortable for our growing family. We both feel as though this home is too small for us and we would like to move back up to the Pacific Northwest. My parents come and park their rental car in the driveway which leaks oil...... wonderful. Is that the sound of property value dropping? It sure is. Then we come back from the hospital after being there for 9 hours of monitoring (and then a lovely dinner) and my mom is frustrated with Maliah and Addison is crying. Addison doesn't cry, its just not in her nature to cry but I could just tell that something was wrong. The upside to this, it played as a trial run when it came to one of the biggest days of our lives. So we now have a totally new plan which should work out well.


I want to work out. I'm at that point (which I reach in every pregnancy) Where I just cannot wait to get my body back. I went overboard this time with the weight gain but that just gives me more motivation to get back to where I feel comfortable. I think a big portion of the added weight is in the boobs which can stay.. for now.
I've been thinking a lot about what kind of birth control we should use and I think I'm just going to go back to the IUD it was maintenance-free, it wasn't something I had to remember every day and frankly all of the other methods just freak me out. Sticking a ring up there every couple of weeks, yuck. A rod in my arm? Disgusting! and the pill, weight gain, loss of period, acne? NO thank you! I was just fat for 10 months, my acne lingered through my teenage years and my period is never normal anyway which is why it takes so long to get pregnant to begin with. So I feel like we have everything covered, I just hope we have a safe and happy delivery when the day comes. I'm ready, eager and excited but there is a part of me that is a little bit worried which is probably normal.

Total comment

Author

McNally

0   comments

What did you think about this entry?

Cancel Reply